Monday, August 27, 2012

Hooray!


July (16 Months)

July was fun and busy, and hot, hot, hot!  We enjoyed a long beach week in St. Augustine with Justin’s parents – pictures to follow. 
Caroline surprised us by turning on the ipad and finding her favorite apps without any help at all.  She is also good at turning on the tv and hiding the remotes around the house. 
Justin and I take Caroline and the red girls on a walk as many nights as we can.  Caroline is learning STOP and GO, so as we approach a stop sign I say “Caroline, that sign says stop… Say stop!”  and she says “Stah!!!”  I stop the stroller and say “Now what?”  Caroline says “GO!!!”  This is a great game and we are excited that she is learning new words, as well as opposites.  The funny thing is, now whenever we approach a stop sign Caroline yells “GO!!!”
We haven’t had to deal with picky eating until now… suddenly she is passing on all meat and most veggies.  The worst part is that Caroline likes to chew it for a second, then let it fall out of her mouth if it’s not something she likes. BLAH!  But if it has pasta – especially macaroni and cheese – she will eat it.

New words:
“Way-yeah”  (Whale)
“Ah-me”  (Amen)
“Pah-plah” (Paci)
“Bub-O’s” (Cheerios)
Totally obsessed with “Ouch!” and “No!”  Except “No” is a drawn out “Noooooohhhh!”
She is beginning to make sentences with “hi” and “bye bye.”  So sweet!

Every once in a while Caroline decides to throw a tantrum.  This consists of throwing a toy or kicking the ground, usually sitting or laying down, kicking the floor… sometimes a little crying, but mostly pouting and making grunting noises.  And head banging.  Oh, this part gets me.  She gets SO MAD that she bangs her head on the ground, or the table.  Sometimes she even starts slapping her face!  The tantrums are actually pretty humorous until this starts – it always results in a bump on the head and crying. 
And she can be a little sensitive too!  There have been a couple times that Justin and I have laughed at something Caroline has done and she thought that we were laughing AT her.  She looks at us and gets MAD!  It is the damndest thing! 
Our nighttime routine is still two or three songs (always Twinkle Twinkle, plus whatever I can think of) and her prayers.  Lately, though, she knows exactly how things are going down and starts crying when I say “Now I lay me…”  I’ve had to switch it up a bit – sometimes prayers are first, or in the middle.  The girl is smart.  And attached!  Nearly every time I start to put her in the bed she says “no” and starts to cry. 
We took her to Dr. Griner’s office this month for a weigh-in.  Over four weeks she has gained an entire pound!  Yay!  No worries here – she is back on her “curve.”

Fun stuff that Caroline loves:
·         Twirling!  She likes to spin around – our tiny dancer
·         Climbing chairs – up and down on chairs, stools, stairs, etc
·         If You’re Happy and You Know It – her FAVORITE song!  She loves to clap, stomp and shout “Hooray!!!”
·         Sharing Chobani Greek yogurt with Mom@
·         Eskimo kisses
·         Flushing the toilet – over and over and over
·         Mandarin oranges
·         Layla and Jaden.  She runs to the back door, knocks on the glass and says “Yay-yah!  Jay-dee!”

Watching Why-Why

Flush!



Mini-meltdown at lunch





Climbing the couch



Love Jay-dee






1 comment:

  1. Gosh she has grown! I'm sorry you are just now dealing with a picky eater and the tantrums...Preston started those MONTHS ago. Every day he has several tantrums about anything and everything...I just don't get it! She is such a great talker! She is so sweet Lee! One of these days we need a playdate, we've only taled about it for a year! Haha

    ReplyDelete