Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Two Months!

It's hard to believe that Caroline is two months old. The last eight weeks have gone by in a flash!
Our sweet girl is now giving us an adorable smile every day. And she likes to have conversations with us, waving her arms and opening her mouth, sometimes making noises and coos that are much sweeter than the silly grunts and loud cries we have grown accustomed to hearing. She is the queen of funny faces!
Caroline has tummy time daily. She is already so strong and likes to keep her head up when you hold her; although she is still a little wobbly! And when you lay her down on one side of her crib you are likely to find her on the other end when she wakes up! She also pushes up, with her legs stiff so that she is almost “standing.” And she’s starting to hold things with her hands, which I like to believe she is doing deliberately and not just as a reflex.
We haven’t been back to the pediatrician yet, but we know she’s growing because she is finally able to fit into more than six of her newborn outfits.
Little C started “school” today and, of course, I was a little anxious as we dropped her off this morning… but she was fine! (And so was mommy!) When I picked her up this afternoon the ladies in the nursery said that she so sweet and very “alert.” That’s our girl!
Here are a few pictures of Caroline’s second month… Enjoy!




Happy 2 months Little C!




Classic Caroline, with her hands in her mouth






Justin has a morning song for her... "Wakee baby..."



Caroline "standing up"





Not thrilled about the Easter basket



Easter with the Family



The Smothers Family :)







Aunt Lala and Little C



7 Weeks... And the Mayhew pout!



Date Night



6 Weeks



With the first person she ever saw... Dr. Culbreth



5 Weeks (life is tiring for a baby!)



Daddy's Birthday



Swaddle time!



Our Family



Great-Granda Betty, Grandma Mamark and Aunt Lee



Great-Grandma Betty



Smothers Family from NC



1 comment:

  1. I LOVEthe update! Gosh, I know you hear this all the time, but she really is a beautiful baby!!! I want to meet her soon! I am sad that by the time I finished student teaching, you went back to work.

    ReplyDelete