Don’t they look just like peppermint ice cream???
(I swear I will stop dedicating so much time to food on this thing!!!)
So, we are 20 weeks as of last Friday. HALF WAY!
I’m not even half way down my list of things to do! (haha!)
20 weeks: Sweet Pea is a … Cantaloupe? (Well, it says so, but I don’t think she’s quite that big yet!)
• Baby gulps down several ounces of amniotic fluid every day, both for nutrition and to practice swallowing and digesting. And, these days, those taste buds actually work!
• Studies show that after birth, babies respond best to tastes they've already had via amniotic fluid. (I am trying to eat as healthily as possible, but I think Sweet Pea is going to like ketchup and ice cream… not together, hopefully!)
• Baby should weigh about 10 1/2 ounces now. (Sweet Pea weighed six ounces at our last appointment at 17 ½ weeks. The nurse was concerned that the weight was a little low, although it was right on track with the weight suggested online and in What to Expect. We are going back to the doc on the 26th to measure and weigh her again. But really, just look and Justin and me… what can they expect?!?)
• Baby’s also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel — the length of a banana. (For the first 20 weeks, when a baby's legs are curled up against her torso and hard to measure, measurements are taken from the top of her head to her bottom — the "crown to rump" measurement. After 20 weeks, she’s measured from head to toe.)
In case you were wondering, we have not decided on a name for the Pea. There are several contenders, but we are keeping our options open. Honestly, we might wait until the day that she arrives so that we can match her name with her sweet little face!
And Justin and I have both (finally) felt Sweet Pea move! I say finally because I just felt her at 20 weeks and many of my friends felt their little sugar babies move weeks earlier. It was absolutely amazing.
We’ve had a record sales month at the Crow! The combination of football season, political season, regular advertising and our hard work in general, we have broken our highest sales record for this month... That is super exciting news for everyone on our staff!
Otherwise, no new news… Hope everyone is having a fabulous week. Love!
20 Weeks
I just love reading about my granddaughter. These days you know so much. I am so excited for Suga Baby to have the most wonderful parents, grandparents, aunts, uncle and extended family that will love her unconditionally!!!!!!
ReplyDelete